Central Business Park is the ideal Industrial Park for the settlement of companies with a global impact thanks to our industrial lots designed for the optimal functioning of light industry.
But, what is the so-called consumer goods industry?
Don’t worry if you don’t have the answer, at CBPark we have prepared an article that will clear all your doubts.
What is light industry?
Before you go, it´s important to mention that there are different classifications of the industry since it can be separated according to its production process, its degree of development or its size.
However, one of the most common is based on the weight of its materials, highlighting the one we will talk about today: light weight.
In a few words, and as its name indicates, light industry is dedicated to the production of consumer goods: that is, its focus is on generating products that satisfy the needs of the final consumer through the transformation of raw materials and/or or semi-finished products.
Some examples of the products obtained through this industry are:
- Dress and footwear.
- And many more!
Characteristics of the consumer goods industry
This type of industry has a series of characteristics that make it easier for us to differentiate it from the semi-light and the heavy.
Some of them are:
- Its processes are shorter, simpler and considerably lower in volume compared to heavy.
- Its impact on the environment is not that strong.
- As mentioned before, it makes use of raw materials and/or semi-finished products.
- It is possible to find it near urbanized areas.
- Its objective is the final consumer.
- It does not need investment capital as high as the heavy one.
- Now that you know what it is and what its characteristics are, all that remains is to remind you that at CBPark we have industrial lots that are ideal for light industry and adapted to their needs.
Contact us and ensure the added value of your investment!